Balanced Scorecard Fact Sheet and Statistics
There are some facts about Balanced Scorecard that one should check before starting implementation of this performance management system. As a result, we are sure, you will be interested in trying to implement Balanced Scorecard concept in your business. Please, try our BSC Designer for this purpose.
- More than 50 percent of large enterprises use some type of a balanced scorecard according to study by Cranfield University
- •95% of typical workforce does not understand its organizations’ strategy
- •90% of organizations fail to execute their strategies successfully
- •86% of executive teams spend less than one hour per month discussing strategy
- •70% of organizations do not link middle management incentives to strategy
- •60% of organizations do not link strategy to budgeting
According to BSC Frustration and Challenges report
- 30% of BSC frustrations and challenges are associated with Balanced Scorecard motivation aspects
According to 2GC Balanced Scorecard usage survey:
- 31% of companies reported Balanced Scorecard as extremely helpful, 42% as a very helpful
- 34% of interviewed companies use BSC for strategic management, 35% for reporting, 17% for operational management
- 29% of companies used external consultants to design Balanced Scorecard
- The most significant impacts of Balanced Scorecard implementation were found in business actions (83%) and behaviors (58%); Appraisal has impact of 63% and reward system has lower impact (about 30%)
- Most Balanced Scorecards were used for the purpose of planning (79%), budgeting (70%), goal setting (51%)
- •80% of organizations using balanced scorecard reported improvements in operating performance
- •66% of these organizations reported an increase in profits
- •about 70 percent of organizations had at least partially implemented a balanced scorecard by 2006.
- •50 percent of Fortune 1,000 companies are using the balanced scorecard
- •30% of companies think that the most important to their company today is performance management
According to “Annual Business/Balanced Scorecard Survey“
- 37% of respondents are not satisfied with the way they measure their organization
- 67% of respondents use spreadsheets
- 19.5% use specialized performance management software
- 19.5% answered that their business scorecard provides the right level of information to make strategic decisions
- 31.2% have 11-20 KPIs on their scorecards and 37.7% have 1-10 KPIs
- 40.3% of respondents confirmed that scorecard has a commitment from executive management, only 18.8% responded that there is a commitment from departments
- For 44.2% of participants a business scorecard is still a measurement, not management tool
- 20% of companies successfully implemented performance management software products and reported a positive influence of their scorecards on the ultimate business performance.
According to Indeed.com Salary Survey
- For the title “Balanced Scorecard” average Yearly Salary as of 2012 is $112,000.00
- Average balanced scorecard salaries for job postings are 84% higher than average salaries for all job postings.
What experts say
- We interviewed a number of balanced scorecard experts. Learn their opinion about Balanced Scorecard.