BSC Designer is available as “Professional” and “Online/Server” editions. BSC Designer uses .BSC as an open project format, which provides compatibility between the editions.
BSC Designer PRO vs. BSC Designer Online
Can I run it from Windows PC or smartphone?
- BSC Designer PRO is a native Windows application. You need to have Windows PC to run it.
- BSC Designer Online is a cloud-based software. You can run it from any device with a modern web browser, it can be Windows PC or Mac. The responsive interface makes it easy to use on any tablet and even a smart phone.
Where my data is stored?
- BSC Designer PRO can store your data on your own PC, and/or it save your data to BSC Designer Online
- BSC Designer Online stores all your data in the Cloud. The Cloud is running on Heroku service. You can always download a copy of your data and backup it locally.
Do I need Internet to use it?
- BSC Designer PRO can be used in 100% off-line mode.
- With BSC Designer Online you will always need an Internet connection.
How are these products licensed?
- The cost of BSC Designer Online depends on the number of power users and on the billing cycle.
- BSC Designer PRO is available as a subscription, or as a permanent license. Permanent license includes free updates during the 1st year.
Are there view-only users?
- View-only users are for free in BSC Designer Online
- View-only users are not available in PRO yet
Does it require installation?
- For BSC Designer Online there is no need to install anything, just create your account and start working with it.
- For BSC Designer PRO you need to download and install the software. It will take 2 minutes to download, install, and prepare the software for work.
Can it send me alerts by email?
- BSC Designer Online can be configured to send out email alerts.
- BSC Designer PRO can send alerts via your account in BSC Designer Online, or using your own mail server.
Can it keep the logs of operations that my team does?
- In BSC Designer Online you can turn on logs function.
- There is no logs function in BSC Designer PRO, unless it is connected to the BSC Designer Online.
What are the unique features of BSC Designer Online
Due to being Cloud-based service, BSC Designer Online can provide some features that PRO version cannot provide:
- Present and manage the structure of your organization with departments and work groups
- Manage different users with different access rights defined on the project level or on the level of selected indicator
- Provide a 100% support for collaboration and simultaneous work on the same project and/or indicator
What are the unique features of BSC Designer PRO
- In BSC Designer PRO it is possible to create new geo-maps, in BSC Designer Online you can use only preinstalled ones
- In BSC Designer PRO is a Balanced Scorecard wizard that gives you a specific work flow to create new business goals and KPIs
- In BSC Designer PRO budget initiatives aligned with a business goal can be presented in several currencies, in BSC Designer you are linked to a one currency (yet).
- The interface of BSC Designer PRO is translated to more languages than the interface of BSC Designer Online
- If you need to print a paper copy of strategy map, BSC Designer PRO will help you to fit your map into the paper and prepare a picture in high-resolution. In BSC Designer Online you will be able only to export your map as a picture.
- PowerPoint report for your scorecard project can be generated in PRO.
- Some of the HTML reports are available only in PRO
- Risk indicators and Risk diagram for now exist only in PRO
Are both version fast?
- BSC Designer PRO is a native Windows application, that means that it will work faster
- BSC Designer Online is a Cloud-based software, it means that its speed will depend on the speed of your Internet connection, and how fast you web browser is working.
On a good connection and modern PC the difference between PRO and Online will be in milliseconds.
- If there are more than 1 person involved in Balanced Scorecard, then you’ll need to have an account in BSC Designer Online
- If you do travel a lot and need to have off-line access to your projects, then you will also need BSC Designer PRO
- If you are the only person you will be working on the project, then you can do everything with PRO.