Implementation of the Balanced Scorecard and KPIs is a marathon. Use our support system to resolve all of your questions and learn the tested solutions to solving typical problems.
The biggest challenge
Do you know what is the biggest challenge that our prospective customers face? It is to put together all of the pieces of information about the Balanced Scorecard, Strategy Maps, KPIs and then convert them into action. These are complex things and it is hard to do them right from the first attempt.
- Building performance management and strategy execution systems is not a sprint, it is a marathon. One needs an ongoing support system – not just some quick fixes to their current problems.
Our support system
Our support system is called BSC Master Group. It is a place where you can ask your questions about the Balanced Scorecard, KPIs, strategy, and get them answered by the professionals.
- Each week you have an opportunity to ask a question to our experts;
- If you don’t have any questions, it is still very useful as we will share a lot of insights on a weekly basis sending you some useful videos or featured articles.
What kind of questions can I ask?
Anything you like to ask about the Balanced Scorecard, Strategy maps, KPIs; any questions about strategy definition, description, execution, performance measurement, and management.
- Throw us a curve ball and we will try to answer.
Will you be able to help me with KPIs?
Yes we will! We cannot guarantee that you will have tailor-made KPIs for your business as this actually implies a lot of onsite jobs, but we will give you some good examples, and some good starting points that you can use. We can also review the KPIs that you have and show you some weak points that can be improved.
How many questions can I ask?
To keep it fair each participant can us 1 question per week. Sometimes we can do more, but it will depend on our capacity.
If you have more questions and want us to have a more detailed look at your challenge, then you can buy some private consulting from us.
Will it work for me, for my business, for my team?
We deal with many clients and we always try to get some feedback. Sometimes things work as planned, sometimes the results are unexpected even for us.
- One client bought one of our training products by mistake… She was working as a low level employee in a company with 3 offices in Asia, with a head office in Vietnam. Instead of asking for a refund this person decided to go ahead and to see what would happen. As she explained later, she thought that at least she could add something to her CV. After the training she got some basic ideas about how the proper scorecard system works and formulated a 3-step plan for the management of the company. “The management liked my inputs so much that they decided to move me into a management position right away,” she wrote.
We deal with different types of clients. There are some companies that already have a huge number of KPIs on their scorecard and from the first look there is no space for improvement. Actually, that’s where the real work begins. Having too many KPIs is like driving a Hummer in the narrow streets of Barcelona and trying to find a parking space. A company needs to be agile with its strategy and KPIs, so a good clean up of many lagging indicators, and adding a few leading indicators can be a miracle for a huge overloaded scorecard.
You don’t need to have a PhD to build your strategy map and align it with KPIs. There are certain companies that are trying to present this topic as rocket science by showing some complicated cases. The reality, however, is different. If you have some good step-by-step guides, some examples to follow, some tools that can do the calculation part, then everything is really simple.
- Another client had a strong opinion that KPIs are top managers’ toy, and the only thing that matters is an execution. We started working with this client, and the first thing that we talked about was a typical marketing funnel with cold leads on the top and sales qualified leads at the bottom. The first metrics that we talked about was the conversion rate from one level to another. We showed the model and the skeptical customer disappeared for a few weeks. Once he got back, it appeared that he was able to improve sales by just calculating those conversion rates. He asked his team many questions and it appeared that it was enough to improve their execution.
Off course, not all clients achieve some big results rights away. But it is good to start small. By using strategy maps and KPIs one gets his or her management skills to the next level. Instead of operating with plain ideas, one can support his arguments with facts and numbers. The conversations with the team and top managers start getting more effective, and many problems seem to disappear just because of taking a more disciplined approach to the strategy and performance measurement.
Will I have any long-term obligations?
No, you won’t. The membership in the master group is prolonged on a monthly basic. If for some reason you don’t want to continue, don’t find it useful, don’t have time, whatever… just send us a message and we will cancel it. No obligations, no questions asked, and no strings attached.
Getting a membership
We do not sell a membership in the BSC Master Group directly, but you can get it together with BSC Designer software products. Please, visit our store for more details.