| for Windows desktop:|| Enter the number of BSC Designer PRO licenses:|
$49.95 / month
Enter the number of power users:
|View-only users||Additional view only users are for free in BSC Designer PRO and BSC Designer Online.|
|Product Training, Technical Support, and Upgrades|
Technical support by email and upgrades 1st year – free; after 1st year upgrades cost 30% of the retail price. Free product training is included.
Technical support by email and upgrades included in the subscription. Free product training is included.
|Knowledge Base||VIP access to the Knowledge Base with expert videos, checklists, and templates for KPIs and Balanced Scorecards.||Included|
| Balanced Scorecard Concept Training:|
BSC Step by Step –
BSC Step by Step –
Enter the number of Full Training participants:
The number of Premium Training participants:
How many licenses does our organization need?
The answer depends on many factors, such as the number of employees directly involved in the Balanced Scorecard and the discussions around strategy, planned use of the software (KPIs only or full-cycle from strategy discussions to the performance measurements and reporting). We have discussed some of these nuanced in this article here. Also, you can find below some typical examples of BSC Designer implementation:
- MBA Student: BSC Designer PRO trial version + 1 Power User in BSC Designer Online
- Strategy Consultant: 1 BSC Designer PRO license and/or 1 Power User in BSC Designer Online to showcase and share the scorecards
- A company with 15 employees and 1 office: 1 BSC Designer PRO license to design and maintain scorecard, 2 Power Users in BSC Designer Online to ensure data entry and share the project all over the company
- A company with 50 employees and 3 offices: 3 BSC Designer PRO license (1 for BSC administrator, 2 for other practitioners), 3 Power Users in BSC Designer Online to ensure data entry and share the project over the company’s offices
- An organization with 1,000+ employees, 15 offices, and BSC practitioner in each of the 28 business units: 28 BSC Designer PRO licenses + 84 (=28*3) Power Users in BSC Designer Online
A general rule is to have 1 PRO license for each BSC practitioner (in the best case there is a practitioner in each business unit) + add 2-3 BSC Designer Online Power User for each PRO license to ensure data actualization. All view-only users in BSC Designer Online are free.
You can find more information about possible implementation and cascading models for the Balanced Scorecard in this article.
Available payment options: Credit Card, PayPal, Bank/Wire Transfer, or Invoice.
“One registered copy of BSC Designer may either be used by a single person who uses the software personally on one computer or more computers, or installed on a single workstation used non-simultaneously by multiple people, but not both. You may access the registered version of BSC Designer through a network, provided that you have obtained individual licenses for the software covering all workstations that will access the software through the network.” Read full license text.
1. Choose the number and type of licenses according to your needs and click the “Check out” button.
2. Fill in the payment details and proceed with processing the payment.
3. Once your payment is processed you will receive:
- Registration key by e-mail immediately;
- Instructions on how to download software and activate it;
- Installation and configuration instructions;
4. Once you’ve purchased BSC Designer and received your registration key, you need to activate your copy of the program.
- For BSC Designer PRO: run the program, go to the Help menu, select “Enter the registration code…”, copy and paste the registration code provided to you, press the OK button.
- For BSC Designer Online: the subscription will be activated automatically for existing accounts; if you don’t have an account follow the steps as described here.
If you have any problems during the registration process, please, contact our support service.
License recovery or transfer
- If you have lost your registration code, then you can recover it by using “Registration key recovery” form of the support page or contact our support team.
- If you have a new computer and want to transfer your license from an old computer to a new one, then you can contact support with a request to deactivate old license and transfer it to the new computer.
Upgrades for BSC Designer PRO are free for 1 year from the purchase date. After this period the price of an annual upgrades is calculated as 30% of the retail price. Annual upgrades are not obligatory, and the old version of software can be used, however customer support can be provided to the owners of the latest versions only.
In the case where the licenses were not upgraded annually, the price of an upgrades will increase respectively up to 50% of the retail price for the upgrades after a 2 years period, 75% of the retail price after a 3 years period, and 85% of the retail price after a 4 years period.
Frequently asked questions
Here are some typical questions that people ask before buying BSC Designer.
Do I need Online or PRO version?
You can choose to use one of the products, or use both of them. It is easy, as they are seamlessly integrated. In most cases users are more comfortable having both products simultaneously:
- BSC Designer Online gives you an opportunity to store your projects in the cloud, present organizational structure, share projects with other users, and assign specific access rights to the projects. Another benefit is that you can access BSC Designer Online from any device with a web-browser.
- With BSC Designer PRO you have the freedom to use the software without an Internet connection (for example, during a long business flight). It also has more functionality related to the reporting that is not supported by the cloud technologies yet.
The difference between these two products was explained in the details here.
How is the license delivered?
The license is delivered as a registration code electronically by email. You will need to enter the registration code in BSC Designer and then activate your license. You can do this automatically if you have access to the Internet; if not, you will need to contact our support office to activate it manually.
Can I install BSC Designer on both – my desktop and laptop?
Yes, according to our license agreement if you are the only user of BSC Designer then you can install it on your personal computers. If you are ready to involve more people in your Balanced Scorecard project, then contact us to ask to buy additional licenses.
Is product training included?
According to our experience users find BSC Designer intuitive and easy to use. The best way to get started with the product is to check out the online video manuals that are available for free for BSC Designer PRO and BSC Designer Online. If you have any question you can always contact us by email and ask for assistance, this basic training and support are included with any valid license.
Also, all active users of BSC Designer have a free VIP access to the BSC Designer Knowledge Base, a place where you will find additional training materials (videos, manuals, templates, checklists) on KPIs, Balanced Scorecard, Strategy Maps, and other similar topics.
What are the maintenance costs?
The license that you buy permits you to have free upgrades within 1 year from the purchase date. After this period you can continue using your old version, or pay an upgrade fee and buy an upgrade to the latest version. For sure, keeping your version upgraded is a recommended option.
Can I have refund?
Refunds are avaliable within 30 days of product purchase. We recommend to check out the fully functional trial version before placing order.
If I purchase BSC Designer PRO do I have BSC Designer Online as well?
BSC Designer Online is a different product, it’s priced per input user per month.
How does BSC Designer stand among Balanced Scorecard software?
BSC Designer is recognized as one of the best software solutions for the Balanced/Business Scorecards. Check out this story that is based on what we hear from our users and our own research.