Introduction - Functions Overview - Purchase
Business Objectives in BSC Designer
Starting with version 7.0 it is possible to add, manage and
define cause-and-effect links between business goals in BSC
Designer. Users can create a certain business goal and specify
where these business goals contribute to.
To manage business goals go to the "Business Goals" tab. With
the tool bar above you can:
- Create, edit and delete a business goal
- Link a KPI to the business goal
- Attach an initiative to the business goal
If you select a business goal from a list you will have an
access to its properties:
- Business goal name and description
- Two fields "Contributes to" and "Contributed by" that help to
define a cause-and-effect relationships
- Icon drop list
To represent business goals linked by cause-and-effect
connection on the strategy map use a Placement Wizard.
1. Select "Placement Wizard" in strategy map menu
2. Select "Create map for... business items"
3. Select "Balanced Scorecard" placement style
4. Click "Execute" button to build a strategy map with business
Balanced Scorecard Wizard
The Balanced Scorecard Wizard will help to create business goals
and business solutions as well as link them to the indicators. To
access this function use the Balanced Scorecard Wizard command on
the File menu.