Introduction - Functions Overview - Purchase
The toolbar provides you with several main functions:
- New, Open, Save buttons for a Balanced Scorecard project;
- Use the Initiatives button to attach an initiative document to
the indicator or category;
- Use the Update button to update data from SQL indicators;
- Cut, Copy, Paste category or indicator; items can also be
copied as text, as in the Edit menu;
- Undo or redo operations.
Categories and Indicators Toolbar
- Buttons to create and delete
- Commands to create and delete
indicators related to categories;
- Commands to create imported or SQL indicators;
- Move category/indicator up or down buttons.
A special button activates "Update info" panel, that allows
to enter update interval for indicators.
The reports toolbar includes
- the command "Go to the current date";
- Navigate through time points with
- Delete time points;
- Open charts window;
- A HTML report button helps to generate HTML reports with data
tables and charts;
- An Excel Report button for generating reports in MS Excel; in
addition, a report can be generated using the command line interface;
- Generate a dashboard
- The Strategy Tree represents categories and indicators within
- Each category has a weight and performance values.
- Each indicator has a current value (before "->"),
target (after "->")
and relative weight value.
- The Metric "Response Time (50->100, weight = 6)." This means
that the metric "Response Time" has a relative weight of 6 out of
10 and a current value of 50 (if you click on it you will see the
measure, %), and the target value is 100.
For a category or indicator, you can have the common information
changed. The common information includes:
- The name of the category or indicator;
- The description or category.
The edit fields represented below will appear only if you are
dealing with an indicator (and not a category).
You will be able to specify the current value of the indicator
("Value" field), the measure units
(% or Score), and the Min and Max values.
You can set your performance increase strategy:
- If you need to maximize the current value to the max
value, for instance, if you measure the efficiency of support
in terms of the "first-call resolution rate," then use the
maximize optimization. In this case, the "Max" label will be
highlighted in bold.
- If you need to minimize the current value to the min
value, for instance, if you measure the performance of
manufacturing in terms of "items with defects," then use the
minimize optimization. In this case, the "Min" label will be
highlighted in bold.
Optionally, you can put down the description of your measurement
method, units, and targets in the "target description" field.
More about indicator