Use Balanced Scorecard Template with BSC Designer
At bscdesigner.com one can find several templates/examples of the Balanced Scorecard projects. Most of them are available as a BSC Designer Online projects with shared access rights. Any prospect user of BSC Designer Online can check out the templates and start using them for his/her own project.
Copying a template to your account
Here are the steps to copy a template into your account at BSC Designer Online:
- Log into your account. If you don't have one, create a free test account (no credit card is required to try it)
- Choose one of the templates, and open a template in BSC Designer Online format, for example, this might be Marketing Scorecard template
- Wait a few seconds until BSC Designer Online loads all the data
- Choose "Save to my account as..." option located in "Save" menu (make sure you have logged into BSC Designer Online first, otherwise you won't see "Save to my account as..." option):
- Select a name for a new project and click the "Save" button
- Go to "My Projects" section and make sure that the new project is now in your account
Review and customize a template
The template is now in your account. Now it s time to review what you have and customize it according to your needs.
- Go to "My Projects" section and click on the project to open it, wait until BSC Designer Online loads all the data
- You will see the interface of BSC Designer Online and its main toolbar:
- Click on the "KPIs" tab to review the KPIs that exist in the project; with this tab you can:
Then go to the "Business Goals" tab, here you can:
- Modify existing KPIs or create new ones
- Enter performance data into the KPIs
- Align initiatives with KPIs
- Create a link to the KPIs in other projects
- Learn more about working with KPIs.
Finally, switch to the "Strategy map" tab, here:
- Manage your perspectives (you will find 4 default ones), strategic themes, and business goals
- Align initiatives and KPIs with business goals
- Describe the cause-and-effect connection between business goals
- Learn more about working with Business Goals.
- You can see a "big picture" of your business strategy
- Business goals, KPIs, initiatives, and the cause-and-effect logic is represented visually
- Learn more about working with Strategy Maps.
The project is ready, feel free to add more KPIs, business goals, build your own dashboard, or set up alerts.
Check out "Get Started" in the user manual for more information.