Strategic Themes in BSC Designer
When describing a business strategy you might want to group your
business goals into strategic themes. In this way you will be able to
visually separate different directions of your strategy.
With BSC Designer you can:
- Associate a business goal with one of the 3 predefined
strategic themes, or create
your own one.
- Create a strategy map where business goals that belong to
the different strategic themes are marked with different colors.
- Choose whether to display
all strategic themes or only some
Selecting predefined strategic theme
To select one of the predefined strategic theme follow these steps.
- Go to the "Business goals" tab.
- Select any business goal or create a new one.
- Choose one of the options from the "Strategic theme" drop
down list on the right.
Adding a new strategic theme
You can customize existing strategic themes or add a new one:
- Select "Strategic theme" option in "Strategy map" menu.
- Select any existent strategic theme in the drop list "Name"
or click "Add" button to create a new one.
- Use description field to add more details about the purpose
of this strategic theme.
- Use various parameters in "Settings" to customize colors
that are used for the selected theme.
Building strategy map with strategic themes
BSC Designer can automatically create a strategy
- Go to the "Strategy map" tab.
- Click "Placement wizard" button on the
- Select "Balanced Scorecard" map type.
- Use "Display themes" drop list in the custom settings to
choose strategic themes that need to be displayed on the strategy map.